As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and the effects of gravity tend to pull in the wrong direction. This results in loss of youthful volume and harsher features which are classically associated with age such as deep nose to lip lines, sagging jawline and loose and hanging neck skin. The eyes, ears and nose also age and lend to the overall appearance. Dr Patel aims to create an overall rejuvenated appearance without the operated look.
Face and necklift surgery restores the youthful contour of a face, jaw and neckline, taking years off ones age. It is a commonly performed procedure resulting in a natural but youthful appearance.
A face and necklift surgery is excellent for :
- Sagging jawline
- Dropped cheeks
- Creases around the mouth
- Loose skin and wrinkles in the neck
An ideal candidate for a facelift :
- Men and women
- Most commonly aged between 40 – 70
- If you have loose skin around the face and neck and are always pulling at your face in front of the mirror, you will likely be ideal for facelift
TIP : sit with a hand mirror in front of you, then lie down and view yourself in the mirror. Notice the difference in your facial shape.
Operative Time :
Hospital Stay :
Recovery (off work) :
Back to normality :
10 – 14 days
Day 1 post op : a light dressing is comfortably placed around your face. Drains placed will be removed. You will be discharged home and encouraged to enjoy a shower.
Day 1 – 2 :
You will have a light dressing over your face together with drains which will be removed. Dr Patel will discharge you. Your hair can be washed today.
First week :
Avoiding facial swelling :
- Do not drink too much water as this may increase fluid retention
- Do not perform any heavy duties
- Do not bend down with the head in a downward position
- Wash hair and face with gentle soap and water
- Try and sleep with head slightly elevated (2 cushions)
- Use as little salt as possible in your diet